Furniture Care Tips
- Dust regularly with a dry cloth or one slightly moistened with a natural polish. Avoid polishes
containing petroleum products since they may damage the finish. Even dust may be abrasive so
always dust with the grain and not across it.
- Avoid putting furniture in direct sunlight since this may fade the finish.
- Commercial glass cleaners may discolour brass or chrome finishes.
- Be sure to always use felt discs, place-mats (without rubber backing), coasters etc. when putting lamps, glasses, hot objects etc. on table tops.
- Despite modern water resistant finishes it is very important that water not be allowed to stand on top of finishes or in decorative router lines.
- When storing table leaves, always lay flat, beneath a bed or somewhere out of the way. Standing on edge will cause the piece to warp.
- Maintaining even humidity conditions is extremely beneficial to all furniture with wood construction. Operating a humidifier in your home is highly recommended.
- All wood grains absorb stains differently. Inch by Inch, there will always be varying degrees of light and dark tones throughout. This is a characteristic which makes your piece beautifully unique.
- Tilting back in chairs while sitting in them is dangerous and will loosen the glue joints. The
practice should be strictly discouraged! Also avoid standing on chairs or hooking your heels on the cross supports of the chair base. Remember, decorative wood spindles are fragile and will break if subjected to undue stress.
- Vacuum with soft brush attachments to remove dirt and dust that can cut threads or wear fibers.
- Spills should be repeatedly blotted with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel. If a stain should occur, test for colour fastness by wiping a small hidden area with a mild soap solution before attempting to remove the stain.
- All seat cushions should be turned and rotated (if reversible) after every vacuuming (at least every few weeks). This will help stop your cushions from twisting and provide even wear. If twisting does occur, simply open at the zipper and pull the fabric around by hand. Zippers are there for ease of assembly by the manufacturer. Do not attempt to remove cover to try to machine wash.
- Occasionally a seat cushion may appear to be a different shade than the rest of the piece. Simply
turn the cushion over and the nap (fabric fibers) will be laying the other direction.
- It is recommended and a requirement of the manufacturer’s warranty that queen and king size
mattress sets have a bed frame that has cross supports and a centre support to avoid sagging of
- Rotate your new mattress every two weeks for the first two or three months. After that, a once a
month schedule will help provide even, uniform wear and a longer, more comfortable mattress
- Never bend, fold or stand on your mattress.
- A washable mattresses protector should always be used, for health reasons and to protect your bedding warranty. We recommend the purchase of a stain repellent mattress pad cover.
- Your mattress warranty is up to 10 years (non prorated) for defects in workmanship or materials
(other than cover).